Situated on 160 hectares of natural bushland, Cataract Scout Park is ideal for scout groups, school camps, conferences, community and corporate groups.
At Cataract Scout Park we have a variety of accommodation to suit school camps, church camps, youth groups and of course scout and guiding groups etc.
- Camping grounds – there are 10 specific camp grounds at Cataract Scout Park all with hot showers and flushing toilets. (see map) Sites 1, 3, 5, 7 & 8 have basic BBQ area/dining facilities for groups bringing their own food (Bookings are essential and a hire fee applies. BYO pots, pans and utensils). As well as school camps, church camps etc, we also accept group bookings for camper trailers, caravans and motor homes. Each site can camp 1000+ people
- Bunkrooms – bunkrooms are on Site 3 (2 x 24 bed bunkrooms), Site 5 (4 x 24 bed bunkrooms), Site 7 (2 x 24 bed bunkrooms) and Site 8 (2 x 30 bed bunkrooms). A total of 252 beds. Each person will need to bring a pillow, linen/blankets/sleeping bag
- Lodges – there are 4 lodges, each fully air conditioned and with 4 x 6 bed ensuited rooms. We also have 2 x twin ensuited rooms and 6 single ensuited rooms which are ideal for leaders/teachers. A total of 106 beds. The lodges are situated adjacent to site 8. Each person will need to bring a pillow, linen/blankets/sleeping bag.
Group bookings are accepted up to 21 days prior to the date of your camp (subject to availability).
We have the following facilities available for hire for your conference
- An air conditioned auditorium seating up to 200 people
- 2 activities shed/ auditoriums seating 350 and 650 people
- Various meeting spaces for small groups
- Outdoor chapel (no charge)
We encourage you to ring and book a site inspection prior to making a booking so that you can fully plan your school camp, church camp or other event.